- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
I get an error message "SSL download failed". How do I resolve this issue?
The Error message "SSL download failed" is caused by Ad-Aware not getting access to the Internet.
First of all, make sure that your system is connected to the Internet.
If you are using a proxy server, make sure to configure the Ad-Aware WebUpdate settings.
1. Open Ad-Aware and navigate to the WebUpdate->Proxy settings menu.
2. Enable the ?Use proxy? option and enter the URL to your proxy server.
3. Save the new settings and try a webupdate again.
If you still have problems, try this:
1. Turn off all security software like Firewalls (check your router firewall as well) and any Antivirus programs.
2. Restart Ad-Aware and try to do a webupdate if you haven't activated the automatic update.
If you do not get an error message and successfully manages to update, you need to configure your security software to grant Ad-Aware network access, before turning them on again.