- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to update definitions
Ad-Aware Antivirus uses continuously updated definitions to protect you from all sorts of malware. It is important to keep Ad-Aware Antivirus updated regularly.
To enable and configure the Update Definitions feature, proceed through the steps listed below:
- On the left menu, click Scan Computer.
- With the screen displayed, in the Definition Files block, click the Modify Settings link.
- With the Definition Files Settings screen, click the slider to turn on the automatic download of definitions and then specify the frequency period (from 1 hour to 24 hours) for new threat definition to be checked.
- To update threat definitions manually, click Check for updates.