- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to update Ad-Aware
If a new version of the application is available on our server, you can see a prompt to update the program on the Home screen. The notification becomes available when you launch Ad-Aware.
When the program is hiden to the system tray or minimized to the taskbar, Ad-Aware opens on the Home screen informing you that the program update is available. Moreover, if Ad-Aware displays any screen, but not Home, the screen shows each time updates are available.
New updates are checked for availability every hour.
When the program is hiden to the system tray, a balloon appears informing you that the program update is available.
To get the latest version of the application, proceed through the steps listed below:
1. Click the Update Now button. Lavasoft update web page opens in your default web browser.
2. Locate and click the link to download the update file.
3. When prompted, save the installer file.
4. Once the download is complete, go to the downloaded path and double-click the update file to launch an Ad-Aware Web Installer. The Ad-Aware Web Installer downloads and runs the Ad-Aware Updater.
5. Once the update process is complete, click Close or a little cross in the upper right-hand corner of the following screen. The Ad-Aware antivirus updater closes and the Ad-Aware antivirus desktop application starts.
If you update Ad-Aware from v. 9.6/10.x to v. 11, you are prompted to uninstall the older version. Follow the on-screen instructions until the process is complete. Once uninstall completes, PC reboot is required. After Windows start up, Ad-Aware Web Installer launches. Afterwards, proceed through the steps of Ad-Aware install beginning with step 4.
If you remove the older version manually through the Control Panel, after PC reboot proceed through the steps of Ad-Aware install from the very beginning.