- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to manage security code settings
To create a security code for the Parental Control feature, proceed through the steps listed below:
1. On the left menu, click Web Protection.
2. On the Web Protection screen, click the slider next to Parental Control.
3. In the Parental Control block, click Advanced Settings.
4. On the Parental Control Settings screen, click Insert your security code or click the slider next to Security pin.
5. With the message box displayed, type a 4 digit pin number, and then click the Submit button.
6. Type your email address to help retrieving your pin if you forget it or use the wrong one. Click the Submit button.
We strongly recommend complete the procedure by indicating your retrieval email. If you do not indicate the email for any reason and hide the application to the system tray, the message box for typing your retrieval email address is closed. Thus we cannot help retrieving your pin if you forget it or use the wrong one.
7. With the confirmation message box, click the Close button. The Parental Control Login is now enabled.
Once you have enabled the security code, you are asked to type your 4 digit pin each time you try to enable/disable the Parental Control or Web Protection feature and to access Advanced Settings of Parental Control.
To customize security code settings, proceed through the steps listed below:
1. With the Web Protection screen, in the Parental Control block, click Advanced Settings.
2. With the message box displayed, type the security code, and then click the Submit button.
If you forgot your pin number, with the message box displayed, click Forgot your key? Click here to resend it to retrieval email. Your 4 digit pin is now sent to the email address you have indicated as a retrieval one. If you cannot find it in your Inbox, please check your Spam and Junk folders.
The retrieval email contains 4 digit pin presented as pictures. Make sure the feature to show pictures is enabled in your email client. Please remember the digits and type them to the corresponding fields in the message box.
3. With the Parental Control Settings screen, click Change your security code, to type your new 4 digit pin with a message box displayed. Once you are done, click Submit.
4. With the confirmation message box, click the Close button. Your security code is now changed.
5. Click Change your retrieval email address, to type your new email address with a message box displayed. Once you are done, click Submit.
6. With the confirmation message box, click the Close button. Your retrieval email address is now changed.