- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to install
This download of Ad-Aware Antivirus includes a full version of Ad-Aware Antivirus. Before you install Ad-Aware, we recommend that you disable or uninstall other security-related programs. The installation of this application in less than ten steps.
Step 1: To start the installation, locate and double-click the downloaded file.
Step 2: When the File Download dialog box appears, click the Save button.
Step 3: Once the download is complete, go to the downloaded path and double-click the installation file to launch a setup wizard.
Step 4: Follow the prompts within the installer to complete the installation of Ad-Aware Antivirus.
1. First, choose your preferred language and click the option of your choice.
2. With the dialog box displayed, choose the folder to install the Ad-Aware Antivirus application. The default destination folder is C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware Antivirus\ Note: To change the location, click the Change button. Select the Create a Desktop Shortcut check box if you want a program shortcut appear on your desktop. Once you have carefully read the Ad-Aware End User license agreement, make sure to select the “I Accept this End -User License Agreement” check box. To proceed to the next step, simply click the next button to continue.
3. The Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is an additional download you can install for your browser. Just select the Install Ad-Aware Security Toolbar (recommended) option within the displayed dialog box. To proceed, click Next.
4. You can see the progress of the Ad-Aware Antivirus installation process.
5. Congratulations! The Ad-Aware Antivirus application has been successfully installed on your PC.
6. Click Finish to close the Ad-Aware Setup Wizard.
7. To complete the installation, you must restart your computer. With the dialog box displayed, accept the prompt. Click No if you want to restart later. *Please note that if you do not re-start your computer this may cause issues at next start-up*
Your computer restarts and Ad-Aware Antivirus is completely installed.
*For more detailed information with screen shots please see the product manual for Ad-Aware10*