- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to customize Parental Control
Ad-Aware allows you to create your own set of restrictions to block access to specific sites. With that, you can create an exclusion list to allow a specific web site to be accessed if a category it belongs to is blocked.
Before settings customization, make sure the Parental Control feature is enabled.
To customize settings, proceed through the steps listed below:
1. On the Web Protection screen, click the slider next to Parental Control.
2. In the Parental Control block, click Advanced Settings.
3. On the Parental Control Settings screen, select Custom from the drop-down combo box.
4. With the Custom Settings block, click Change Settings.
5. With the Custom Parental Control screen, in the Customize slide box, select a category to customize by clicking the required caption. With the category expanded, select a check box to specify a subcategory.
6. Click the Exclusions List caption, to expand the slide box. With the Exclusions List slide box expanded, click the Add URL button to add the URL of the website from blocked category that you want allow access.
7. With the dialog box displayed, type the URL and then click Add. The URL is now displayed in the list.
To remove the URL from the list, select the check box it corresponds to and then click Remove.