- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How do I resolve the "Error 1800" problem?
To solve the problem you experienced, you will need to remove a possibly corrupt settings file for Ad-Aware. To do this:
1. Open explorer and navigate to the file. The file is usually stored in
* ?C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007? or
* ?C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware?
If you cannot find the folder please set your explorer to show hidden files. (To do this: open explorer, go to the "Tools" menu and click "Folder Options." Select the "View" tab and choose "Show Hidden Files" under "Hidden Files and Folders".)
2. The file to remove is called "settings.aaw". Please be sure not to delete any other files.
3. Restart your computer. Ad-Aware will start as normal.