- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
We found 3 FAQ entries matching your search criteria.
Please go to your control panel and chose ADD/REMOVE Programs:
1. Click the Start button on your computer (left-hand side of the screen).
2. Click Control Panel in the Start Menu.
3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs and find Ad-Aware Antivirus on the list of programs installed on the computer.
Note: The programs installed are typically listed in an alphabetical order.
4. Right click on Ad-Aware Toolbar and then click uninstall.
5. With the dialog box displayed, click Next to proceed.
6. On the next screen, select the “Close all browser windows automatically” or “I will close my browser windows, proceed with the uninstallation” radio button, and then click Uninstall.
7. To complete the uninstalling process, click Finish.
This download of Ad-Aware Antivirus includes a full version of Ad-Aware Antivirus. Before you install Ad-Aware, we recommend that you disable or uninstall other security-related programs. The installation of this application in less than ten steps.
Step 1: To start the installation, locate and double-click the downloaded file.
Step 2: When the File Download dialog box appears, click the Save button.
Step 3: Once the download is complete, go to the downloaded path and double-click the installation file to launch a setup wizard.
Step 4: Follow the prompts within the installer to complete the installation of Ad-Aware Antivirus.
1. First, choose your preferred language and click the option of your choice.
2. With the dialog box displayed, choose the folder to install the Ad-Aware Antivirus application. The default destination folder is C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware Antivirus\ Note: To change the location, click the Change button. Select the Create a Desktop Shortcut check box if you want a program shortcut appear on your desktop. Once you have carefully read the Ad-Aware End User license agreement, make sure to select the “I Accept this End -User License Agreement” check box. To proceed to the next step, simply click the next button to continue.
3. The Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is an additional download you can install for your browser. Just select the Install Ad-Aware Security Toolbar (recommended) option within the displayed dialog box. To proceed, click Next.
4. You can see the progress of the Ad-Aware Antivirus installation process.
5. Congratulations! The Ad-Aware Antivirus application has been successfully installed on your PC.
6. Click Finish to close the Ad-Aware Setup Wizard.
7. To complete the installation, you must restart your computer. With the dialog box displayed, accept the prompt. Click No if you want to restart later. *Please note that if you do not re-start your computer this may cause issues at next start-up*
Your computer restarts and Ad-Aware Antivirus is completely installed.
*For more detailed information with screen shots please see the product manual for Ad-Aware10*
If you are having issues accessing the internet this is either due to the Firewall or the Ad-Aware Toolbar.
To disable the firewall please go to your Ad-Aware main screen and turn off the firewall.
To uninstall the Ad-Aware Toolbar please see How to uninstall the Ad-Aware Toolbar.