- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
New Ad-Aware 10 Offers Leaner, Meaner, Faster Protection Against All Forms of Malware without Slowing Down Your PC
Montreal – March 29, 2012 – Lavasoft, the original anti-malware company, today released Ad-Aware 10, a complete redesign of its free, award-winning anti-malware software. Ad-Aware 10 gives consumers peace of mind while using their computers at work or at play by protecting their private data and cyber files against all forms of online threats including viruses, spyware and adware.
Designed for PC users of all skill levels, Ad-Aware has been downloaded over 400 million times. With a bold new interface, the Ad-Aware 10 software package has been completely re-written from the ground up and comes complete with everything consumers need to protect their PCs including anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature. Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection. Ad-Aware 10 is the most complete anti-malware solution on the market at its competitive price point.
In addition to a redesigned user interface, faster antivirus and legendary anti-spyware protection, new features in Ad-Aware 10 include:
• Enhanced Real-Time Protection (NEW in Ad-Aware FREE, enhanced in Personal Security and PRO versions) immediately detects malware before it harms your PC
• Download Protection (NEW in Ad-Aware FREE) automatically scans files before they are downloaded on your hard drive and detects malware before it can ever be launched. Its real-time protection quarantines infected files before they can do any damage
• Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is a toolbar that works within Internet Explorer and Firefox to scan URLs and links in real-time to warn users of phishing and scam sites before they can attempt to steal personal information
• Game Mode (NEW in Ad-Aware FREE) ensures the PC remains protected while playing games or watching movies online in full-screen mode without the interruptions or strain on system resources that other security software programs cause
• Advanced Two-Way Firewall (NEW in Ad-Aware PRO) complements and enhances the protection offered by typical routers and provides more robust security than a computer’s built-in Microsoft Windows Firewall
• Intrusion Protection technology identifies malicious activity and attempts to stop odd behavior that is considered harmful – blocking threats coming from the network, the PC or the Internet
• blekko’s Search Engine Toolbar, available with the Ad-Aware download as well as in the standalone Ad-Aware Security Toolbar, eliminates spam from search results to provide high-quality, safe content for users
For a complete list of new and enhanced features including external storage scans, email scanning and identity theft protection, visit: www.lavasoft.com/products/features.php.
“Every day, consumers are spending more and more time online – socializing, sharing files and backing up precious memories. This triggers an increased opportunity for hackers to try to access, alter or corrupt the data for pure monetary gain,” comments Lavasoft CEO Daniel Assouline. “It’s our belief that every computer user, regardless of economic status or geographic location, has the power to control their individual privacy and security. This is what we’ve delivered in this new leaner, meaner version of Ad-Aware.”
Ad-Aware 10 is available in three versions:
Ad-Aware FREE, a proactive malware removal tool that allows users to combat today’s toughest cyber threats; Ad-Aware Personal Security (introductory price of $12 USD/year), a paid upgrade of Ad-Aware FREE that builds upon the product’s malware protection by adding a powerful Web filter that protects users against phishing attacks and online scams; and Ad-Aware PRO ($36 USD/year), which actively protects users from the most dangerous forms of viruses, spyware, key loggers, Trojans password stealers, bot networks, adware, phishing and drive-by downloads. Products can be downloaded at the Lavasoft website (www.lavasoft.com) and at select partner sites, including Softonic.
Lavasoft is the original anti-malware company, creating award-winning, free security and privacy software since 1999. Born of the belief that online security should be available to everybody, Lavasoft offers millions of users the maximum protection for their computers and online identities. With more than 400 million downloads, its flagship product Ad-Aware has blocked and removed billions of threats, saving consumers from all forms of attacks and malware – including viruses, spyware, adware, phishing and drive-by downloads.
Lavasoft is a global company with operations in North America and Europe. For more information, please visit www.lavasoft.com or follow the company on Twitter @lavasoft.