- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Web Companion
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
How to Clean the Temporary Internet Files Folder
Temporary Internet Files is a folder on Microsoft Windows which contains Web page content that is stored on your hard disk. Internet Explorer and other web browsers uses this directory to cache pages and other multimedia content, such as video and audio files, from websites you visit. This feature improves network performance allowing such websites to load more quickly the next time you visit them.
To clean the Temporary Internet Files folder, proceed through the steps listed below:
- Open either Internet Explorer (8.0) or the Control Panel.
- With Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options...
- On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History.
- With the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the Temporary Internet Files check box, and then click Delete.
- Click OK.
With Control Panel, double-click Internet Options.
In either case, the Internet Properties window appears.