- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Your Online Security in 2010
It’s a great time of year for list-making. ‘Tis the season when many of us – the online security industry included – make lists summarizing the past year, and make more lists looking ahead with predictions of what we may face in the 12 months to come. (And, we have to say, these types of lists do have their value, providing an interesting look at the months gone by, which in turn can open up insights into the coming year. Take a look through Lavasoft’s own malware review of 2009 and Internet security trends outlook for 2010.)
But, now that we’ve entered another new year, we’re coming head to head with the typical time to create another type of list: the (often dreaded) New Year’s resolutions. You know the kind: eat healthier, quit smoking, spend less…
What can you do to make that same fresh start when it comes to your security as you use your PC? It’s not just a matter of breaking bad online habits. Staying secure online is a process, and it starts with being informed about the threats you may face, and how you can prevent becoming an easy target to attackers. One of the best computing resolutions you can make this year is to learn about online security, and spread that knowledge to family and friends so they can stay safe.
So, in the spirit of list-making, we’ve put together a Lavasoft list of the top 5 ways to stay informed – and secure. You’ll find these resources right here on Lavasoft.com:
- Lavasoft News. Packed with the latest in industry news, as well as Lavasoft product news, our aim is to make it easy for you to stay up-to-date. Just sign-up to our mailing list to receive the newsletter in your inbox each month. Our latest issue covers one of the fastest growing crimes of our time – identity theft.
- Malware Labs blog. Don’t only stay tuned here on the company blog, but check the Malware Labs blog as well for more technically-oriented information, including regular updates on the latest viruses, spyware, malware, rogue software, worms and adware added to Ad-Aware’s threat database.
- Lavasoft Support Forums. In these online support forums, Lavasoft staff and our worldwide volunteer security network can assist with questions on specific threats, give you guidance on how to rid your computer of malware, and help to answer any other security-related questions and concerns you may have.
- Lavasoft Security Center. Read the articles in the Security Center for basic information and tips on how to protect your PC, and how to keep yourself and your family safe online. More advanced users can browse Lavasoft’s white papers for more technical reports from Malware Labs.
- The Rogue Gallery. We’re only in the first full week of 2010, and rogue security software authors are already busy churning out new rogues, clones, and scareware. If you’re unfamiliar with these terms, we explain them - and show you what to avoid - in the Rogue Gallery.
In addition to these Lavasoft resources, there are a number of other credible sources you can turn to for more information on staying secure online, such as the links in the ‘You Should Know’ section in the right column of this page. The US Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) also has a comprehensive listing of security tips on its website.
Here’s to a safe and secure 2010!