- Security Center
- English ▾
Virus Bulletin Review on Ad-Aware 11
We received impressive reviews from Virus Bulletin's VB100 Testing on Ad-Aware 11 Free Antivirus+. We are very honored to be able to secure the top spots alongside with the other big guys. We're definitely very proud of our achievement for Ad-Aware 11. Hard work definitely pays off!
Based on Virus Bulletin's tests in December 2013, Ad-Aware has proven to be the top 3 best antivirus, let alone the best free antivirus and also has one of the fastest machine out there...
Here are some of the main highlights of their review:
- “We saw some major changes for Lavasoft this month with a new front end combined with a new engine under the cover.”
- “The new interface looks great, with a nice simple layout and a good set of options”
- “It also seemed nice and responsive under heavy stress.”
- “CPU use was very low and our set of activities ran through very quickly.”
- “Detection was very good indeed, especially in the proactive sets.”
The basic requirements for a product to achieve VB100 certification status are that it detects, both on demand and on access, in its default settings, all malware known to be ‘In the Wild’ at the time of the review, and that it generates no false positives when scanning a set of known clean files. Various other tests are also carried out as part of the comparative review process, including speed and overhead measurements and ‘RAP’ (Reactive and Proactive) tests.
Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
Main version: 11.0.4555.0
Update versions: N/A
Last 6 tests: 3 passed, 0 failed, 3 no entry
Last 12 tests: 3 passed, 1 failed, 8 no entry
ItW Std 100.00% ItW Std (o/a) 100.00%
ItW Extd 100.00% ItW Extd (o/a) 100.00%
False positives 0 Stability Solid
RAP Score: 88.1%
For a more detailed information of the certification process of VB100 testing methods, please click here.