- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
New Google Report on Rise of Fake Anti-Virus Software
Data released this week from Google offers insight into the prevalence and growing threat of rogue, or fake, security software.
According to Google’s new report, based on a 13-month study of fake anti-virus distribution:
- Between January 2009 and February 2010, fake anti-virus made up 15 percent of all malware that Google detected on websites.
- In an analysis of 240 million Web pages collected by Google’s malware detection infrastructure, more than 11,000 domains were found to be pushing fake anti-virus software on website visitors.
- Fake anti-virus ploys are responsible for 50 percent of all malware delivered through advertisements – a five-fold increase in a single year.