- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Evils of the Web
Google may pledge to do no evil, but the same is not true of the World Wide Web. According to the search giant, web browsing and online searches are growing more risky.
In a new technical report available this month, Google outlines the frequency of drive-by downloads on the Internet. A few of the interesting points in the analysis, which is currently under peer review, include the following:
- More than 3 million unique URLs on more than 180,000 sites automatically install malware on visitors PCs.
- About 1.3% of incoming Google search queries returned results with at least one URL labeled as malicious.
- China was found to be the greatest source of malicious sites, hosting 67% of malware distribution sites.
Read the (PDF) report, All Your iFrames Point to Us.