- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Election Season Security
In the U.S., the upcoming presidential election in November is not just a political hot topic - it has also found its way into the security arena.
Months ago, security experts began predicting that online scammers would take advantage of the media hype surrounding the presidential candidates to prey on computer users. We're already seeing the online risks being noted and reported in a number of ways, including:
- Phony voter-registration drives aimed at ID theft
- Typosquatting domains in order to take advantage of anticipated web traffic
- An e-mail scam propagating malware by baiting viewers with a supposedly illicit clip of one of candidates
- A phishing scam which promises a free gas card for filling out a political survey but, instead of a reward, attempts to install malware
Keep an eye out for these types of politically-themed phishing attempts, spam and online scams. There are sure to be more of the same to come.
What other security issues can we expect to see? With the range of issues currently making headlines - from a vice presidential hopefuls e-mail hack to electronic voting machine failures - it's hard to say what exactly we're in store for next. Watch this space for more updates.